Friday, September 27, 2013

Film Weekly #2

Well this week we have been just filming and talking about what are we going to do with our group. I am the actor but I hate being it, I suck at acting. But I think Jose is going to be the actor now because the  group doesn't want Jose to edit the film so they rather have me edit it instead. In my opinion of the group, I feel that we are all unorganized. Most of the time the Director and the DP are just winging it as they go along. The Producer and I usually have great ideas in the group when it comes to what shots look good but we can't say anything because we are not DP so we can't really put any input, in other words, it is not our jobs to do it. I kind of want to be Director because I would like to implement the things I have seen in movies and shows countless of times, but then again, the problem with that is that if you mess up, most of the blame goes to you. In other news, we were filming on Wednesday and I say it kind of went pretty decent. Just two minor problems that bite us in the ass when we put it in the computer to see the footage we have. In one scene, it was supposed to be a close-up of my face while I was walking, but the DP wanted to make me walk slower so the camera wouldn't shake a lot, but when we edited that part, the speed of my walking to the speed of that shot didn't match and kind of ruined it. The second thing is we try to emulate it being "Night" time by messing around with the exposure in the camera settings, but of course it was to dark, we barely realized it was to dark when we imported. We actually found a solution by messing around with the colors in Final Cut Pro but then there was an other issue where you can see lens flares coming from the cars so it made it noticeable that we shot it in daylight. I hope we step it up in our production because I just want to at least make this project look decent and not half-assed.

1 comment: